[Brain Rants] Treading On Life

6:09 PM Cindity 2 Comments

I used to have more discipline when I was younger. And I would very rather it be the opposite. I think the 17-year old Cindy might kick me hard in the ass if she saw me like this. 

As a compromise, I had one goal at that point in time. That is to do well enough for a scholarship and hop on the healthcare bandwagon. That year was my pinnacle of my career as a studious human. I pretty much don't have anything else to spend time on. And so I devoted my entire teenager capacity to it, and it alone. 

Oh, and not to mention that my days were regular with meals and exercising routines.

After convincing myself to settle for science, I applied for college; but I worked nowhere as hard as I did back in JC. I felt ashamed when the days of my younger self resurfaced to me. I had no defence when people criticize me about the bad choice of the course. And its not that I couldn't, but I didn't. Because I heard graduating students "floating" about their next step in life AND I allowed myself to be engulfed by all the negativity.





Whenever, I feel a bit of the old spark rekindling, I'll shield it carefully with my cupped hands. Something that is so tender; hopefully it will nurture into a full fire in due time. 

Sometimes, we all need some time "drifting" around to re-discover that gleam of energy. In fact, I know that I'm on the right track, and my degree wouldn't come up to as unfruitful. It will open endless doors for me and allow me to make a difference on Earth. You WILL find your feet again and move forward, toward your dream.

Signed, 

Cindy

2 comments:

  1. Getting to college is a great opportunity. You're going to meet amazing people there - plus it's such an amazing experience! :)

    http://definitelymycupoftea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cris!
      Thank you so much, you're too much of a sweetheart :)

      Delete